Well, duh! I forgot to hit publish on this post and now it’s late. I think you all will forgive me when you try these toasts with pork tenderloin, blue cheese and orange. They’re amazing!
We go to a restaurant called La Tasquita which serves an amazing little sandwich made from pork loin and served with copious amounts of Roquefort dressing. You’ll need plenty of napkins! The bread is specially made for the restaurant and has a great texture.
I used pork tenderloin medallions since these are served as toasts instead of a sandwich. The meat was so tender I could smash it with the side of my fist. For loin, you might want to use a mallet. The meat only takes a few moments on each side. I like to use a grill pan. First I toast the bread in the pan, then follow up with the pork. While the pork is cooking I slather the blue cheese dressing on the bread.
Like the other toasts these are simple to make for a crowd or for just a couple people.
When we’re in the US I use Roka blue cheese dressing but when we’re in Spain I purchase a bottle of the standard Roquefort cheese sauce. It has a strong, distinctive flavor that goes well with the pork.
I like to peel the oranges and cut away the pith then cut across the sections for a decorative effect. A little parsley garnish and your toasts are ready!
- 4 - 6 baguette slices
- pork tenderloin about ¼" thick, seasoned with salt and pepper. Less than half a pound should feed two or three people
- Roquefort cheese sauce or Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- Orange slices and parsley for garnish
- Toast the baguette slices on a grill pan to get marks on both side.
- Arrange the slices on a tray and spread with Roquefort or Blue Cheese dressing
- Meanwhile cook the pork in the same grill pan. It will take about two minutes per side. I like to let the marks form.
- Arrange over the toasts and top with orange slices and chopped parsley.
These are great on their own, but they’re also a good way to supplement a larger, vegetable based meal with a small portion of meat.
Please use the buttons below to share with your friends!