Here we are on Day Number 6 of the Mini Blog Challenge hosted by Joi at Rx Fitness Lady. Today’s prompt is to describe how our family reacts to our blog.
My husband has been nothing but supportive throughout the whole process of blogging. He’s endlessly patient when I need to take photos, he occasionally acts as a model for photographs and once in awhile he hops behind the camera. He’s a great sounding board for ideas. I’m very fortunate to have him as my partner and I don’t know what I’d do without him.
He doesn’t always eat the food I prepare, but I’ve trained him he’s learned not to make a fuss. Fortunately, he’s more than capable of preparing his own meals.
This photo was taken last summer when we were in Madrid. Rick is attempting to program the cheap phones we’d purchased. He’s good at that sort of thing. He’s always puttering around working on some project or another. I think that’s why he’s so supportive of the blog…if I’m busy working on a post, I’m not in his way, hahaha.
Today is his birthday. We were painting earlier today and now are enjoying a glass of sangria.
- 1 750 ml bottle of red wine (cheap wine is great for this, as long as you like the taste)
- 1 shot (2 oz) of brandy (any liquor you like is fine)
- 2 apples; cored, seeded cut into quarters and thinly sliced
- 2 oranges; juice one half and cut the rest into quarters. Cut the quarters into thin slices
- other fruit as desired (pears, berries, lemons, etc)
- 1/2 cup or more cane sugar
- 2 cups or more lemon/lime soda
- Mix the wine, orange juice, brandy and sugar in a large pitcher.
- Taste and adjust sugar as needed.
- Add the fruit and enough lemon/lime soda to fill the pitcher.
- Pour over ice, making sure there’s some fruit in each glass.